PSHE and relationships education
Our PSHE/Citizenship curriculum:
- Teaches our pupils the knowledge and skills that they need to stay safe and be happy and healthy
- Prepares or pupils for life, both in the present and future
- Equips our pupils with the skills they need to live successfully as citizens of a local and global community
- Develops positive mental health and emotional well-being
- Empowers our pupils with the knowledge and understanding of why looking after their mental health is important and how it can be achieved
- Celebrates diversity and builds understanding and respect between all people
- Creates opportunities to explore and challenge a range of values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities
- Impacts on the whole child, including their academic development and progress
- Helps break down social and emotional barriers to learning and builds self-confidence
- Impacts not only the individual but also the school community, the wider community and the global community both present and future.
Our school curriculum focuses on three core learning themes:
- health and wellbeing
- living in the wider world
There are many opportunities to link this learning to British Values, our SMSC development and our school values and curriculum drivers - challenge, community and environment.
Our Whole school assemblies are also planned to make links these other areas of learning. Pupils have a Citizenship book which pulls together this learning in class.
We plan events to enhance this learning where our pupils are given opportunities to work collaboratively and make links to the wider curriculum.
- Ages 3-5 Jigsaw Skills and knowledge progression for parents
- Ages 5-6 Jigsaw Skills and knowledge progression for parents
- Ages 6-7 Jigsaw Skills and knowledge progression for parents
- Ages 7-8 Jigsaw Skills and knowledge progression for parents
- Ages 8-9 Jigsaw Skills and knowledge progression for parents
Our PSHE/Citizenship curriculum prepares our pupils for life in a diverse, global community.
We believe our PSHE/Citizenship curriculum:
- Boosts our pupils’ life chances
- Helps them to stay safe both online and offline
- Improves their physical and emotional health
- Helps them to develop the character, resilience and skills they need to succeed academically and also later in life when they join the workplace